The New York Times Op-Ed
Read my Op-Ed piece for The New York Times – "The C.I.A. in Double Jeopardy."
Best Books on Political Conspiracy
Check out my piece for The Wall Street Journal on the five best novels on political conspiracy that are worth investigating.
Yalie of the Week
I just found out Yale Alumni Magazine named me "Yalie of the Week." Cool!
Video of Appearance on “Morning Joe”
I was on “Morning Joe” (MSNBC) earlier today to to discuss the White House’s involvement in the Department of Justice’s investigation of the CIA’s tactics used on detainees. Watch the video.
Video of Appearance on “America’s News HQ”
Watch the video of my appearance as an intelligence expert on "America’s News HQ" (Fox News) to discuss a federal ruling against freezing the assets of charities under investigation for aiding terrorists.
Video of “Money for Breakfast” Appearance
I was on Fox Business’ "Money for Breakfast" yesterday with Former U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona and Institute for Crisis Management President Larry Smith to discuss swine flu and why health leaders need to be more direct with getting information to the public. Watch Part One and Part Two.
The Great American Panel on “Hannity”
Long day yesterday, which ended with an appearance on "Hannity" and the Great American Panel. Watch the video.
Interview with The Boston Phoenix
I recently sat down with Clea Simon to talk about VANISHED, spies and concerns about privacy. Read the interview with The Boston Phoenix.
It’s Finally Here…VANISHED is On Sale Today!
To celebrate the publication, I have four events on the VANISHED Tour today, starting bright and early:
- Appearance on "Morning Joe" (MSNBC), which airs 6:00 to 9:00am Eastern.
- Live chat on the Twitter Book Tour from 3:00 to 4:00pm Eastern.
- Talk, Q&A and Signing at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble, 2289 Broadway, New York.
- Guest appearance on the Great American Panel on "Hannity" (Fox News Channel), which airs 9:00 to 10:00pm Eastern.
See the full tour schedule. Hope to see you at a real world or online event over the next few weeks!
Video of “Morning Joe” (MSNBC) Appearance
August Writing Tip
Check out the latest tip for writers: How to Make Readers Root for Your Characters.
My playlist…or is it Nick Heller’s?
Music’s important to me — and to Nick Heller, the central character of VANISHED. These are songs that both Nick and I like, some of which are mentioned in the book. Hope you like them too.
1. Johnny Cash, “Hurt”
2. Coldplay, “Spies”
3. Velvet Underground, “Sweet Jane”
4. The Clash, “I Fought the Law [Live],” from the Live at Shea Stadium album
5. Joey Ramone, “What a Wonderful World”
6. The Buzzcocks, “Ever Fallen in Love” (a little random, but my playlist Genius suggested it, and the words are very appropriate)
7. Korn, “Fight the Power” (yeah, it’s a cover, but it is !@$%$#5 awesome. Check it out.)
8. Pat Benatar, “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
9. Soft Cell, “Tainted Love”
10. Marshall Tucker Band, "Can’t You See"
11. Eagles, "Already Gone"
12. Golden Earring, “Radar Love”
13. ZZ Top, “Tush”
14. Mary Chapin Carpenter, “I Feel Lucky”
15. Johnny Cash, “All I Do is Drive”
How Nick Heller was Born
Read this new exclusive essay for Amazon about how I created Nick Heller. There’s some revealing stuff I think you’ll find to be quite interesting.
Teetering About Twitter?
If you’ve been on the fence about joining the Twitter craze – and it does become an obsession, take it from me as I blogged about it earlier this year – now is a good time to jump in. I’m going to give away one iPod Shuffle a day for 10 days to a Twitter follower who puts the hashtag #Vanished in their feed. Get all the details.
I Couldn’t Make It But That Didn’t Stop VANISHED
Check out these photos.