JOSEPH FINDER is the New York Times bestselling author of thirteen suspense novels, most recently GUILTY MINDS, the third to feature “private spy” Nick Heller. Heller was introduced in VANISHED (2009) and returned in BURIED SECRETS (2011).
Joe’s novels HIGH CRIMES (1998) and PARANOIA (2004) have been adapted as major motion pictures. KILLER INSTINCT (2006) won the International Thriller Writers’ Thriller Award for Best Novel; BURIED SECRETS won the Strand Critics Award for Best Novel, while COMPANY MAN (2005) won the Barry Award for Best Thriller.
A founding member of the International Thriller Writers, Joe is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Association of Former Intelligence Officers. He is a graduate of Yale College and the Harvard Russian Research Center, and lives in Boston with his wife and their dog Mia, a dropout from Seeing Eye dog school.
Read more about Joe’s background.
- THE MOSCOW CLUB (1991) – Published in 30 foreign countries and a bestseller throughout Europe.
- EXTRAORDINARY POWERS (1994) – This novel about the discovery of a Soviet mole in the highest ranks of the CIA was published just days before the unmasking of CIA mole Aldrich Ames.
- THE ZERO HOUR (1995) – First novel ever written with the official cooperation of both the CIA and the FBI.
- HIGH CRIMES (1998) – A Main Selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club. Became a 2002 Fox film starring Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman.
- PARANOIA (2004) – Instant New York Times bestseller. A major motion picture based on PARANOIA is in production now and tentatively scheduled for release in September 2013.
- COMPANY MAN (2005) – Winner of the Barry and Gumshoe Awards for Best Thriller.
- KILLER INSTINCT (2006) – Winner of the International Thriller Writers Award for Best Novel.
- POWER PLAY (2007) – Debuted at #7 on the New York Times bestseller list.
- VANISHED (2009) – Launched Joe’s first series after eight standalone novels. An instant bestseller.
- BURIED SECRETS (2011) – The second novel in the Nick Heller series. Winner of the Strand Critics Award for Best Novel.
- SUSPICION (2014) – A New York Times bestseller. This stand-alone novel is about a single father who, to protect his daughter, makes a choice with dire consequences.
- THE FIXER (2015) – A New York Times bestseller and stand-alone novel about a man who makes an electrifying discovery that will put his life in peril—and change everything he thought he knew about his father.
- GUILTY MINDS (July 2016) – “Private spy” Nick Heller returns in the third novel of the series. An exhilarating and timely thriller exploring how even the most powerful among us can be brought down by a carefully crafted lie and how the secrets we keep can never truly stay buried.